This exterior acrylic bird feeder comes in two sizes to fit all the major breeds of domesticated birds. As you know there are millions of bird owners in the country needing help and honest opinion on the available pet care products. Remember there is no need to look for the best manger by yourself; testing them out by trial and error. We are saving you time and money by reviewing the most talked about products for you. Every review is honest as you will see all the pros and cons are carefully weigh-in.
Probably as a bird owner you know that feeders can be pretty messy with seeds and shells thrown around the cage and on the floor under it. But now the new product claims to tackle the issue for good. The Tidy Seed Company has released a new type of feeder and since it is relatively new the price for it might seem to be a bit too high but it still sells really well. So should you pay up to $ 40 for a Tidy Seed No-Mess Bird Feeder? Read on to find out all the pros and cons plus user experiences.
The Product Claims
The feeder comes in two sizes in order to fit all breeds of domestic birds. So what does it claim?
- The small feeder is 5.6 x 5.3 x 4.2 inches making it suitable for canaries, finches, green cheek conures, Lovebirds, parrotlets, cockatiels and other small sized birds.
- The large feeder is 8 x 8 x 8 inches and the product is made for birds like African Grey, Amazon, Eclectus, Alexandrian parrot, Cockatoo (smaller and medium-sized) and more.
- The retail price is $20.99 and 44.70 subsequently.
- Works well both inside and outside the cage.
- 100% disposal of hulls and scattered seeds.
Obviously the claims are pretty bold and ambitious for a regular bird feeder. At a first glance it does look like a slightly overpriced bird feeder that is no better than all the other feeders out there. But remember it is a market leader with hundreds of positive reviews from confirmed buyers. Just check out the Amazon and you will see the feeder has caused quite a hype among consumers.
We had to study the issue together with a few devoted bird owners and see if the birds really feel comfortable with this feeder. Want to see what we found out? Read on the Tidy Seed No-Mess Bird Feeder unbiased review.
Why Is It Ahead Of the Competition
So the product obviously has quite a few great advantages such as:
- There will definitely be no scatter in the cage and around it. All the leftovers will be left in the compartment below; the design of the feeder protects the surrounding area from the hulls. The idea is pretty innovative thus it might be unusual for some customers to hear that there will be no more rubbish in and around the bird cage.
- You have two different sizes to pick out of so every bird owner is covered and no matter if you have a budgie or a cockatoo there is a right feeder just for your pet. The feeders are designed to be comfortable for all birds no matter what breed it is.
- The product pays off with eliminating the seed waste. Since there will be no fall off food you will be able to save money on buying less bird fodder. Plus you save time on cleaning up the floor around the cage as well as the cage itself. So even though it is pricey it is actually cost efficient.
- Place the feeder inside or outside the cage as it comes with hooks so all you need to do is attach it and adjust the hanger. It depends on whether the cage door is too big to hang the feeder outside it.
- The product has no wooden parts and is 100% made of acryl making it sanitary and hygienic. Rinse the feeder with soap and water to keep it clean and tidy. The counterparts have wooden perches or other wooden products thus cannot be reused and have to be thrown away once they get dirty.
In order to be fair we also need to discuss the existing disadvantages of the product. The main demerits that customers complained on are the following:
- Since this feeder has a peculiar design and is attached outside the cage it might take your bird a couple of days to get used to it and to start feeding off it. However do not worry about it as your pet will get used to it really fast.
- The product is way more expensive than all the other feeders on the market. Remember that you are buying a new product and you are paying for the convenience even though the plastic itself might not be worth the price the feeder itself will compensate for the investment with less seed waste.
- The acrylic feeder is very lightweight thus if it falls down it might be done forever. Make sure that the hoops are tight enough and the feeder is attached properly otherwise there is a possibility that your bird might knock it down.
We have found a pet owner that claims that his birds can still make a mess even when using the No-Mess Bird Feeder but I guess anything is possible in this world. The chances of your bird still making a mess are pretty low so there is no need for you to worry about it. The feeder turned out to be genuinely good so if you really appreciate a tidy room; invest into this product and you will not regret it.
Here are some of the reviews and opinions that we found the most informative and complete, hope you will find them useful as well, every customer was a confirmed buyer:
I have an adult cockatiel that entertains himself by throwing food around the cage. I have been contemplating purchasing a new $ 220 cage with food guards in it until I found this feeder. I am tired of daily hovering under the cage and it didn’t take me long to order this feeder. It turned out to be a real time saver for me and is worth $ 20. I worried about my bird as he is pretty stubborn and refuses to try out new things. At first he paid no attention to the feeder so I had to put him inside of it manually, he did not like it but then he mentioned the food and decided to give it a go. He got easily used to the new feeder after he tried it out for the first time. I handled the hoops easily so attaching it was not an issue. It makes a one happy human and a one happy bird.
My two green cheek conures are not the smartest birds out there but I managed to get them eating out of this feeder within two hours. At first they started to freak out terrified of the new item in their living space but they can get scared of anything. The bench looked slippery but none of my birds had issues with it. I plan on buying a second No-Mess Bird Feeder for the soft fruits which my birds love to scatter around and splurge on the wall.
I was expecting the acryl to get cloudy after a few washes; it remains scratch free even when my budgie knocks on it with his beak.
Now you should leave a big thank you note for doing the job for you. The Tidy Seed feeder might be just what you need for the messy active bird that loves to throw food around. So eventually it all depends on your personal situation and your bird’s personality. However we can 100% confirm that the feeder does hold up to all the promises and claims saving you money on pet food as well as saving you time on tidying up the house. The final decision is always up to you but investing into the product might be a good choice if your bird throws food around.
Keep in touch and let us know what you think about the Tidy Seed No-Mess Bird Feeder and the experience you’ve had with it. Also let us know if you want to talk about any other product we value your feedback.